Record numbers set to take part in Lowestoft’s annual memory walk
- Credit: Archant
Record numbers are expected to descend on the start line for a popular fund-raising event.
More than 100 people have already signed up for Lowestoft's third annual memory walk, which will take place this Sunday, September 27.
The event, which will raise money for local dementia services, takes place on the green behind the Trowel and Hammer pub in Pakefield, by the Beacon. Last year's sponsored walk raised £1,200 for the Alzheimer's Society.
'We're expecting a record number of people this year and are hoping to raise even more money,' said Jo Wilde, who is organising the event with Suzan Collins.
'Dementia affects about 850,000 individuals and their families in the UK and we're keen to raise as much as we can to support local people and the services they need to help them cope.'
You may also want to watch:
As well as taking part in the walk, families can enjoy face painting, a craft fair, bake sale and competitions.
Walkers can choose to complete either a 2km or 4km route. Details of how to take part can be found on the Facebook page: Lowestoft Memory Walk 27th Sept 2015.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
? To register call 0300 330 5452 or visit www.memorywalk.org.uk/participate/lowestoft/