Fantastic shot of hunting red kite wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite shot capturing the moments a red kite swooped down and plucked a fish from the water has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 56-year-old Kevin Coote from Oulton Broad using his Canon 7D MKII with Sigma 150-600 lens at the River Gwash in Rutland.
He said: 'Actually seeing the red kite come down and pick a fish off the water is a rare thing to see.
'That's the first real good quality photograph I have taken of a red kite.
'I'm over the moon to win, to have your photos recognised is always really nice.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Coote receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree