Fantastic shot of hunting red kite wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite shot capturing the moments a red kite swooped down and plucked a fish from the water has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 56-year-old Kevin Coote from Oulton Broad using his Canon 7D MKII with Sigma 150-600 lens at the River Gwash in Rutland.
He said: 'Actually seeing the red kite come down and pick a fish off the water is a rare thing to see.
'That's the first real good quality photograph I have taken of a red kite.
'I'm over the moon to win, to have your photos recognised is always really nice.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Coote receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 3 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 8 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach