Fantastic shot of hunting red kite wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite shot capturing the moments a red kite swooped down and plucked a fish from the water has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 56-year-old Kevin Coote from Oulton Broad using his Canon 7D MKII with Sigma 150-600 lens at the River Gwash in Rutland.
He said: 'Actually seeing the red kite come down and pick a fish off the water is a rare thing to see.
'That's the first real good quality photograph I have taken of a red kite.
'I'm over the moon to win, to have your photos recognised is always really nice.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Coote receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted