Referee abuse unacceptable
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.
Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
It was also disappointing to hear the referees and the other officials verbally abused by a small minority of Lowestoft fans who should remember without the referee there would be no game.
Teams like Lowestoft should be supporting the officials by warning those easily identified individuals this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and they could face a ban if they continue.
You may also want to watch:
My other son is an FA referee and felt that if he were victim of such blatant abuse he would seriously consider his future as a referee.
Come on Lowestoft Town, take responsibility as a club and stand by the FA Charter. Abuse a referee loose a referee.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 6 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 8 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 9 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage