Referee abuse unacceptable
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.
Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
It was also disappointing to hear the referees and the other officials verbally abused by a small minority of Lowestoft fans who should remember without the referee there would be no game.
Teams like Lowestoft should be supporting the officials by warning those easily identified individuals this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and they could face a ban if they continue.
You may also want to watch:
My other son is an FA referee and felt that if he were victim of such blatant abuse he would seriously consider his future as a referee.
Come on Lowestoft Town, take responsibility as a club and stand by the FA Charter. Abuse a referee loose a referee.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 9 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day