Referee abuse unacceptable
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.
Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
It was also disappointing to hear the referees and the other officials verbally abused by a small minority of Lowestoft fans who should remember without the referee there would be no game.
Teams like Lowestoft should be supporting the officials by warning those easily identified individuals this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and they could face a ban if they continue.
My other son is an FA referee and felt that if he were victim of such blatant abuse he would seriously consider his future as a referee.
Come on Lowestoft Town, take responsibility as a club and stand by the FA Charter. Abuse a referee loose a referee.
- 1 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 2 Fire officer to step down after 17 years of service for new role
- 3 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 5 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste
- 6 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 7 'Wonderful': Stunning portrait of 'A Lowestoft Man' delights all
- 8 'Completely unacceptable': Dismay as church is targeted during vandalism spree
- 9 Stunning drone photos capture first snowfall this winter
- 10 Refillable Adnams beer, wine and gin hits high street stores