Referee abuse unacceptable
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
I HAD the pleasure of taking my son to be a ball boy for Lowestoft Town v Stanway Rovers game on Saturday.
Although the result didn't go Lowestoft's way both myself and the other parents were disgusted by some of the language used at the ground.
It was also disappointing to hear the referees and the other officials verbally abused by a small minority of Lowestoft fans who should remember without the referee there would be no game.
Teams like Lowestoft should be supporting the officials by warning those easily identified individuals this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and they could face a ban if they continue.
You may also want to watch:
My other son is an FA referee and felt that if he were victim of such blatant abuse he would seriously consider his future as a referee.
Come on Lowestoft Town, take responsibility as a club and stand by the FA Charter. Abuse a referee loose a referee.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 7 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade