Remembrance events set to take place in Lowestoft area
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft's annual Remembrance Sunday service will once again be held on Royal Plain.
A uniformed parade will form on Claremont Pier at 10.40am on November 12 and proceed down the seafront to the war memorial.
Those in attendance are asked to assemble at 10.45am ready for the observance of two minutes' silence and a 30-minute service.
On Armistice Day there will be a short ceremony at 10.45am, also on Royal Plain.
In Pakefield, All Saints' and St Margaret's Church will host 'A Service of Memories' on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony will take place from 4pm, giving families and friends a chance to reflect on the lives of lost loved ones.
In Southwold, the laying of crosses around the war memorial outside St Edmund's Church at 10.55am will precede two minutes' silence.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
On Sunday, Southwold and Reydon Drum Corps will parade from the town hall to the war memorial at 10.25am, before the laying of wreaths at 10.30am and church service from 10.50am.