Retained firefighter appears at court
A RETAINED firefighter crashed his car into a wall while nearly double the legal drink-drive limit, a court has heard.Gregory Osborne had drunk two or three pints of lager and drove his Honda Civic following a row with his girlfriend, Lowestoft Magistrates Court heard.
A RETAINED firefighter crashed his car into a wall while nearly double the legal drink-drive limit, a court has heard.
Gregory Osborne had drunk two or three pints of lager and drove his Honda Civic following a row with his girlfriend, Lowestoft Magistrates Court heard.
Tess James, prosecuting said: 'Two witnesses saw the defendant driving a car, which bounced off a bollard and hit a wall.'
The crash happened in Normanston Drive, Lowestoft, on March 14 and police carried out a breath test which showed Osborne had 65mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit
You may also want to watch:
Osborne, 30, of Normanston Drive, pleaded guilty to drink-driving when he appeared in court on Tuesday. He was banned from driving for 16 months, fined �375 and order to pay total costs of �15.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 10 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
The court also heard that he would now be the subject of a conduct hearing by fire service bosses.
Kevin Batch, for Osborne, said his client was a man of previous good character, who had suffered a 'moment of madness'.