Retained firefighter appears at court
A RETAINED firefighter crashed his car into a wall while nearly double the legal drink-drive limit, a court has heard.Gregory Osborne had drunk two or three pints of lager and drove his Honda Civic following a row with his girlfriend, Lowestoft Magistrates Court heard.
A RETAINED firefighter crashed his car into a wall while nearly double the legal drink-drive limit, a court has heard.
Gregory Osborne had drunk two or three pints of lager and drove his Honda Civic following a row with his girlfriend, Lowestoft Magistrates Court heard.
Tess James, prosecuting said: 'Two witnesses saw the defendant driving a car, which bounced off a bollard and hit a wall.'
The crash happened in Normanston Drive, Lowestoft, on March 14 and police carried out a breath test which showed Osborne had 65mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit
Osborne, 30, of Normanston Drive, pleaded guilty to drink-driving when he appeared in court on Tuesday. He was banned from driving for 16 months, fined �375 and order to pay total costs of �15.
- 1 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 2 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 7 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
The court also heard that he would now be the subject of a conduct hearing by fire service bosses.
Kevin Batch, for Osborne, said his client was a man of previous good character, who had suffered a 'moment of madness'.