Retro riderz enjoy annual cycle around Lowestoft
The Norfolk and Suffolk Retro Riderz group have held their annual ride out in Lowestoft.
Organised by Lowestoft town councillor Peter Lang, the eight mile route started in Station Square on May 14 and took in the easterly point, Links Hill, Normaston Park, Nicolas Everitt Park and Fen Park, finishing in front of the South Pier.
Despite a wet start, there was a good increase in riders this year with a group of 63 ranging in ages from five up to 55.
Although most of the group ride vintage BMX bikes from the 70s and 80s, anyone who has a love for bikes retro or not is welcome to join.
The group is planning further rides this year, and is currently in talks to join the Lords Mayor's parade in Norwich and have a ride around Great Yarmouth. Members are also keen to take part in displays at local events.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more search for Norfolk/Suffolk Retro Riderz on Facebook.
- 1 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 2 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 5 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 6 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?