Review into Waveney Campus project
AN independent review will be commissioned into the scrapped �53m Waveney Campus project in LowestoftThe proposed campus would have been used by Lowestoft-based fisheries agency CEFAS and staff from Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council.
AN independent review will be commissioned into the scrapped �53m Waveney Campus project in Lowestoft
The proposed campus would have been used by Lowestoft-based fisheries agency CEFAS and staff from Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council.
Mark Bee, leader of Waveney, said the review would inform any similar projects in the future.
It will look at the scheme in detail, with specific reference to the management, financing and closure of project.
You may also want to watch:
'The Waveney Campus scheme, delivering a flagship regeneration project for a deprived area of Lowestoft, made good sense from beginning to end,' said Mr Bee. 'However, issues far beyond our control - such as the Government imposed Local Government Review and the national economic downturn - led to its demise.'
Mr Bee and lead officers will now appoint an external agency and the findings will be published later this year.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 7 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
'It is important that anyone who conducts the review is impartial and completely independent of this project and the council,' he said. 'However, and while we have no desire to pay for expensive consultants, they must enjoy a level of expertise and understanding of local government and projects of this nature.'