Reward offered after east coast theft
A �3,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of a JCB to an east coast holiday park.The ten tonne forklift was stolen on Monday night from Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton.
A �3,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of a JCB to an east coast holiday park.
The ten tonne forklift was stolen on Monday night from Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton.
The JCB, worth around �20,000, was hot-wired and driven off over fields, across a railway line and through a hedge before being spotted on CCTV driving along the A12 towards Great Yarmouth at around 11.30pm.
Ron Spitz, contracts manager for GRS Project Management who have been re-building the laundry said: 'Thieves broke into our compound and dismantled the gates around it, before hot-wiring the JCB and driving off across farmland. With a vehicle of this size, it's likely that the machine was stolen to order. We are now investing heavily in extra security measures including new fencing and extra CCTV coverage.'
You may also want to watch:
Brian Potter, resort chairman, said: 'We are obviously dismayed that GRS have been victim of such a crime whilst working for Potters - you simply don't expect that someone will drive off in such a huge and obvious piece of machinery. Luckily the theft will only hold up building works for a day or so as Ron and his team have already arranged for a replacement machine to be delivered.'
Anyone who can provide information leading to the recovery of the stolen machinery and conviction of the thieves should call Gorleston police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 5 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 8 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 9 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 10 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles