Reward offered after east coast theft
A �3,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of a JCB to an east coast holiday park.The ten tonne forklift was stolen on Monday night from Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton.
A �3,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of a JCB to an east coast holiday park.
The ten tonne forklift was stolen on Monday night from Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton.
The JCB, worth around �20,000, was hot-wired and driven off over fields, across a railway line and through a hedge before being spotted on CCTV driving along the A12 towards Great Yarmouth at around 11.30pm.
Ron Spitz, contracts manager for GRS Project Management who have been re-building the laundry said: 'Thieves broke into our compound and dismantled the gates around it, before hot-wiring the JCB and driving off across farmland. With a vehicle of this size, it's likely that the machine was stolen to order. We are now investing heavily in extra security measures including new fencing and extra CCTV coverage.'
Brian Potter, resort chairman, said: 'We are obviously dismayed that GRS have been victim of such a crime whilst working for Potters - you simply don't expect that someone will drive off in such a huge and obvious piece of machinery. Luckily the theft will only hold up building works for a day or so as Ron and his team have already arranged for a replacement machine to be delivered.'
Anyone who can provide information leading to the recovery of the stolen machinery and conviction of the thieves should call Gorleston police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 2 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 3 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 6 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Brickwork students enjoy masterclass at development site
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?