Right to ask questions re missing money
MRS MacLeod-Thorpe (April 11) is quite rightly asking questions regarding the missing £37,583.31 from public money at Waveney District Council.Indeed she represents all council taxpayers and we should support her for demanding from public servants and elected councillors the answers that the public have a right to know.
MRS MacLeod-Thorpe (April 11) is quite rightly asking questions regarding the missing £37,583.31 from public money at Waveney District Council.
Indeed she represents all council taxpayers and we should support her for demanding from public servants and elected councillors the answers that the public have a right to know.
Will these people hide behind the police investigation? Will the results be hidden until some convenient time when public attention is diverted?
In addition to the missing money from our council we should all be outraged at the £880 per year that each family pays to the EU.
You may also want to watch:
For the last 12 years the auditors have been unable to agree to the accounts and no one has any idea where billions of pounds of our money has vanished.
We should all be demanding answers. However, such is the secretive EU bureaucracy that no one will be able to penetrate the solid wall of indifference and secrecy surrounding the affairs of the EU. Even one of their employees who went to the press to tell of how our money is wasted and mismanaged was sacked and vilified for speaking out.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
Our Parliament is now a mere talking shop as all the power has been transferred to Brussels who are the instruments behind fortnightly bin emptying and the closures of rural post offices.
Council tax has risen by more than 100pc in the past 10 years and yet our services are reduced and our streets, pavements and open spaces are a disgrace.
We can only hope that the person, or persons, responsible for the missing monies at the Town Hall are made to pay back the money with interest added.
The council do not wait for five years to claim any money owing to them by tax payers and we can only hope that the officials show a bit more enthusiasm and are as open and transparent as they claim.
UK Independence Party candidate for Pakefield