Rise and Shine - how you can get involved in photography contest
- Credit: Archant
A new photography competition is capturing the imagination as numerous entries have already been received.
And there is still time to put the focus on Lowestoft, as The Ness - the UK's most easterly park - teams up with Lowestoft Photographic Club for the Rise and Shine photography competition.
Residents and visitors to Lowestoft are being encouraged to submit images on the subject of rise and shine for this new photography contest.
In partnership with Lowestoft Photographic Club, the images will be showcased online and on Facebook with the winners featured as part of an exhibition in the new public exhibition space at Lowestoft Central Parcels Office at the railway station.
The winners will also feature in the Lowestoft Journal. The exhibition will run from August 23-26.
You may also want to watch:
The competition runs from now until noon on Monday, August 5.
Open to everyone, to enter email your image with the subject header 'Rise & Shine' to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and mobile number.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
The images will be available on Facebook for likes and shares with the most popular voted as the winners.
Lowestoft Photographic Club members are compiling an archive of contemporary, positive, forward looking images of the town which are available at www.lowestoftimageproject.co.uk
Documenting the people, places and industry which makes Lowestoft a unique place with stories to tell, the resource shines a light on a year's worth of activity in a busy seaside town.
This exhibition and photographic archive have been made possible with funding from Lowestoft Town Council and the Coastal Community Fund via East Suffolk Council as part of The Ness diary of events for 2019.
For further information and terms & conditions visit www.lowestofttowncouncil.gov.uk/events