Flood warning removed for River Waveney
- Credit: Archant
A flood warning that had been in place along the River Waveney has been removed.
With high tides wreaking havoc in much of the region yesterday, it was feared that low-lying properties and some roads would again be at risk throughout today.
But the Environment Agency has now taken down the warning, although a flood alert urging homeowners to 'be prepared' is now active.
An agency spokesman said: 'River levels are now steadily falling, but still remain quite high in some locations. The forecast is for no current flood risk from high tides.
'There may still be some areas where flood water is present until it can naturally drain away. We will continue to monitor levels closely.'
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are advised to continue taking care on waterside roads and footpaths, and to avoid situations of unnecessary danger.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk