Road blocked after crash in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Two cars collided close to a high school in Lowestoft this morning (Tuesday).
Police were called at about 10.40am to reports of a collision on the A12 Yarmouth Road – just past Ormiston Denes Academy – where the road was blocked.
A VW Polo and Peugeot 308 were involved in the collision – but nobody was injured.
Police managed to move one of the vehicles off the road but remained at the scene shortly after midday.
It is understood that the accident occurred between the Harris Avenue and Gunton St Peter's Avenue junctions – with witnesses describing how traffic is being diverted along Harris Avenue while the recovery takes place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted