Road blocked after crash in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Two cars collided close to a high school in Lowestoft this morning (Tuesday).
Police were called at about 10.40am to reports of a collision on the A12 Yarmouth Road – just past Ormiston Denes Academy – where the road was blocked.
A VW Polo and Peugeot 308 were involved in the collision – but nobody was injured.
Police managed to move one of the vehicles off the road but remained at the scene shortly after midday.
It is understood that the accident occurred between the Harris Avenue and Gunton St Peter's Avenue junctions – with witnesses describing how traffic is being diverted along Harris Avenue while the recovery takes place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park