Road blocked after crash in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Two cars collided close to a high school in Lowestoft this morning (Tuesday).
Police were called at about 10.40am to reports of a collision on the A12 Yarmouth Road – just past Ormiston Denes Academy – where the road was blocked.
A VW Polo and Peugeot 308 were involved in the collision – but nobody was injured.
Police managed to move one of the vehicles off the road but remained at the scene shortly after midday.
It is understood that the accident occurred between the Harris Avenue and Gunton St Peter's Avenue junctions – with witnesses describing how traffic is being diverted along Harris Avenue while the recovery takes place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 4 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 9 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 10 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd