Road reopens after man dies in A12 crash
A STRETCH of the A12 has just been reopened to traffic following a fatal collision earlier today (Wednesday).A man died at the scene of the single vehicle crash near Blythburgh after the car he was in left the road and entered a field.
A STRETCH of the A12 has just been reopened to traffic following a fatal collision earlier today (Wednesday).
A man died at the scene of the single vehicle crash near Blythburgh after the car he was in left the road and entered a field.
Emergency services were called to Thorington shortly before noon.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the man had died at the scene but details of his age were not yet available.
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed that the man had died, after paramedics and the air ambulance arrived, and that no one else was taken to hospital following the crash.
Fire crews from Southwold, Leiston and Lowestoft were also sent to the scene but the man was already out of the vehicle upon their arrival. A spokeswoman added that the car was on all four wheels when crews got there.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 10 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
The road was closed in both directions as police accident investigators worked to establish the cause of the crash.
Traffic is being diverted via the A144 for north-bound vehicles and the B11387 for south-bound drivers.
Anyone who witnessed the fatal accident is asked to call the accident investigation team on 01473 613500.