Road to be closed in Lowestoft as sewer upgrade takes place
Work to upgrade a brick sewer in Lowestoft will mean that Park Road will be closed throughout March.
Anglian Water is investing £119,000 to replace the sewer with a modern 83 metre pipe.
The scale of the work means the road will be closed for the duration of the work from March 2 to 27.
Nik Shelton, from Anglian Water, said: 'This is a very old stretch of the sewer system which has passed its sell by date. Rather than continue to dig up the road and patch it together we need to remove it and put down a new stretch of pipe.
'Unfortunately this work will mean the road will be closed. We'd like to thanks the residents in advance for bearing with us so we can carry out this essential upgrade as quickly as possible.
You may also want to watch:
'There are 53 houses which will be directly affected and we have sent all of them letters to warn them this work will be taking place.'
Work will take place on weekdays between 8am and 6pm and traffic diversion notices will be put in place.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise