Road to be closed in Lowestoft as sewer upgrade takes place
Work to upgrade a brick sewer in Lowestoft will mean that Park Road will be closed throughout March.
Anglian Water is investing £119,000 to replace the sewer with a modern 83 metre pipe.
The scale of the work means the road will be closed for the duration of the work from March 2 to 27.
Nik Shelton, from Anglian Water, said: 'This is a very old stretch of the sewer system which has passed its sell by date. Rather than continue to dig up the road and patch it together we need to remove it and put down a new stretch of pipe.
'Unfortunately this work will mean the road will be closed. We'd like to thanks the residents in advance for bearing with us so we can carry out this essential upgrade as quickly as possible.
You may also want to watch:
'There are 53 houses which will be directly affected and we have sent all of them letters to warn them this work will be taking place.'
Work will take place on weekdays between 8am and 6pm and traffic diversion notices will be put in place.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'