Roadworks to result in long-winded diversion for motorists
- Credit: Archant
Drivers can expect delays as roadworks take place over the course of two days.
Part of Thurston Road in Lowestoft will be closed on Monday, June 24 and Tuesday, June 25, while Essex and Suffolk Water completes work that includes "laying eight new service connections" on the road.
Traffic restrictions will apply and a diversion route of about 0.8km will be put in place as the road is partly closed to traffic.
Those looking to access the north end of Thurston Road from St Peter's Street will need to use the roundabout adjoining the A47 to make a U-turn.
Motorists should then continue along St Peter's Street, turn right onto Boston Road and right again onto Crown Street West.
You may also want to watch:
Delays are 'likely' in the area, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
Essex and Suffolk Water is also set to carry out work at the junction where Raglan Street meets Stanley Street, although access will be maintained to pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft