Roadworks create traffic chaos
THE roadways in Lowestoft are getting worse, not better.I wanted to get from Woods Loke West to Kessingland. What a laugh.I couldn't go along Higher Drive as it was closed so I went along Gresham Avenue but I had to go across to Sands Lane, along Chestnut Avenue, and into Hall Road.
THE roadways in Lowestoft are getting worse, not better.
I wanted to get from Woods Loke West to Kessingland. What a laugh.
I couldn't go along Higher Drive as it was closed so I went along Gresham Avenue but I had to go across to Sands Lane, along Chestnut Avenue, and into Hall Road.
There were no signs to say I couldn't get out at the top but when I got there a policeman told me I couldn't turn right and told me to go to the new road at Oulton Road and join the traffic there.
You may also want to watch:
The traffic piled up all the way up the new road and when I eventually got to Normanston Park there were cars cutting one another up all round the roundabout, it's a wonder there wasn't an accident. The traffic got moving along Normanston Drive then the railway crossing gates closed!
We did get going but then had to slow down again near the Wherry roundabout because of the work being carried out.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
I did make it to Kessingland but it took me nearly an hour.
Why are we wasting all this money when we all know it is a flyover we need?
Lowestoft is becoming a dead town and it is such a shame.
People north of the town go to Gorleston, Yarmouth, and Norwich; the south end go to Beccles and Norwich. People have to set off for work a lot earlier and get home later. They have to spend more on petrol and I see the council tax is going up.
I think we should get a refund for all the inconveniences we are having. It wouldn't be so bad if there was only one set of roadworks going on at a time but we get three or four.
NAME AND ADRESS SUPPIED