Robin photo was worth the wait for Lowestoft Picture of the Week winner
- Credit: Archant
PATIENCE PERSONIFIED: It is a photograph that took lots of preparation and the timing was crucial.
And for Graham and Bridget Solomon, of Lowestoft, it is a stunning image that proved to be worth the wait.
For this photo of a robin eating some mealworms to feed their young has ensured a first victory in our popular Picture of the Week competition for Mr and Mrs Solomon.
And delighted to have been chosen as the winner for the first time, Graham Solomon, of The Staithe, Lowestoft, said: 'The photograph was taken in the spring in our back garden.
'The robins were nesting in our garden and with a lot of patience, we managed to entice both the female and the male onto our hands with the mealworms which they were feeding to their young.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Solomon receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.