Robin photo was worth the wait for Lowestoft Picture of the Week winner
- Credit: Archant
PATIENCE PERSONIFIED: It is a photograph that took lots of preparation and the timing was crucial.
And for Graham and Bridget Solomon, of Lowestoft, it is a stunning image that proved to be worth the wait.
For this photo of a robin eating some mealworms to feed their young has ensured a first victory in our popular Picture of the Week competition for Mr and Mrs Solomon.
And delighted to have been chosen as the winner for the first time, Graham Solomon, of The Staithe, Lowestoft, said: 'The photograph was taken in the spring in our back garden.
'The robins were nesting in our garden and with a lot of patience, we managed to entice both the female and the male onto our hands with the mealworms which they were feeding to their young.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Solomon receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.