Rock band Doves to play in the forest
ROCK band Doves have announced a concert date at Thetford Forest this summer.The Cheshire trio will play at the forest on Saturday, June 12.Their gig will follow performances by fellow indie-rockers Keane on Thursday, June 10, and legendary pop group Simply Red on Friday, June 11.
ROCK band Doves have announced a concert date at Thetford Forest this summer.
The Cheshire trio will play at the forest on Saturday, June 12.
Their gig will follow performances by fellow indie-rockers Keane on Thursday, June 10, and legendary pop group Simply Red on Friday, June 11.
The shows are part of the Forestry Commission's Live Music series of concerts in woodland locations across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Doves have released four albums to date, including last year's Kingdom of Rust, which reached number two in the charts. Previous albums, The Last Broadcast in 2002 and Some Cities in 2005, topped the charts on release.
The band's lead singer Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
Forestry Commission Live Music pays for itself and any profit generated goes back into improving woodlands for both wildlife and the public to enjoy.
Tickets for the concert cost �28 and go on sale on Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612, online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music or over the counter from the venue.