Rock band Doves to play in the forest
ROCK band Doves have announced a concert date at Thetford Forest this summer.The Cheshire trio will play at the forest on Saturday, June 12.Their gig will follow performances by fellow indie-rockers Keane on Thursday, June 10, and legendary pop group Simply Red on Friday, June 11.
ROCK band Doves have announced a concert date at Thetford Forest this summer.
The Cheshire trio will play at the forest on Saturday, June 12.
Their gig will follow performances by fellow indie-rockers Keane on Thursday, June 10, and legendary pop group Simply Red on Friday, June 11.
The shows are part of the Forestry Commission's Live Music series of concerts in woodland locations across the country.
Doves have released four albums to date, including last year's Kingdom of Rust, which reached number two in the charts. Previous albums, The Last Broadcast in 2002 and Some Cities in 2005, topped the charts on release.
The band's lead singer Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 6 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
Forestry Commission Live Music pays for itself and any profit generated goes back into improving woodlands for both wildlife and the public to enjoy.
Tickets for the concert cost �28 and go on sale on Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612, online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music or over the counter from the venue.