Rock band Doves to play in the forest
ROCK band Doves have announced a concert date at Thetford Forest this summer.The Cheshire trio will play at the forest on Saturday, June 12.Their gig will follow performances by fellow indie-rockers Keane on Thursday, June 10, and legendary pop group Simply Red on Friday, June 11.
ROCK band Doves have announced a concert date at Thetford Forest this summer.
The Cheshire trio will play at the forest on Saturday, June 12.
Their gig will follow performances by fellow indie-rockers Keane on Thursday, June 10, and legendary pop group Simply Red on Friday, June 11.
The shows are part of the Forestry Commission's Live Music series of concerts in woodland locations across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Doves have released four albums to date, including last year's Kingdom of Rust, which reached number two in the charts. Previous albums, The Last Broadcast in 2002 and Some Cities in 2005, topped the charts on release.
The band's lead singer Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
Forestry Commission Live Music pays for itself and any profit generated goes back into improving woodlands for both wildlife and the public to enjoy.
Tickets for the concert cost �28 and go on sale on Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612, online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music or over the counter from the venue.