‘Roy Orbison Story’ to be told at Marina Thetare
- Credit: Archant
Barry Steele and Friends are set to grace Lowestoft's Marina Theatre to tell the story of one of rock and roll's greatest performers.
On Saturday, November 18, the band will tell 'The Roy Orbison Story', paying homage to the legendary singer-songwriter whose distinctive voice and abundance of hits rocked the world for over 25 years until his death in 1988.
Barry Steele has stunned audiences across the world with his uncanny similarity to the musical giant, as well as an ability to revive Orbison's toe-tapping sound.
'Orbison's songs not only have wonderful melodies and tunes, but the lyrics are some of the most sublime ever written,' said Mr Steele.
'His music takes you back in time and make you happy, sad and emotive all at the same time.'
You may also want to watch:
The leading man will be backed by a host of talented musicians and a big screen featuring footage and images from Roy Orbison's life.
Tickets cost £22.50 and can be purchased by visiting marinatheatre.co.uk or calling 01502 533200.
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 6 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 7 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 10 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay