‘Roy Orbison Story’ to be told at Marina Thetare
- Credit: Archant
Barry Steele and Friends are set to grace Lowestoft's Marina Theatre to tell the story of one of rock and roll's greatest performers.
On Saturday, November 18, the band will tell 'The Roy Orbison Story', paying homage to the legendary singer-songwriter whose distinctive voice and abundance of hits rocked the world for over 25 years until his death in 1988.
Barry Steele has stunned audiences across the world with his uncanny similarity to the musical giant, as well as an ability to revive Orbison's toe-tapping sound.
'Orbison's songs not only have wonderful melodies and tunes, but the lyrics are some of the most sublime ever written,' said Mr Steele.
'His music takes you back in time and make you happy, sad and emotive all at the same time.'
You may also want to watch:
The leading man will be backed by a host of talented musicians and a big screen featuring footage and images from Roy Orbison's life.
Tickets cost £22.50 and can be purchased by visiting marinatheatre.co.uk or calling 01502 533200.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced