Sacred Cow an asset
MR R Blowers (February 27) asks: "Why is the railway station such a sacred cow?"The answer, quite simply, is because of where it is. It is ideally sited for visitors to the town centre and beach and is also on a main road and bus routes.
MR R Blowers (February 27) asks: "Why is the railway station such a sacred cow?"
The answer, quite simply, is because of where it is. It is ideally sited for visitors to the town centre and beach and is also on a main road and bus routes.
That does not mean that the building has to remain in its present condition. Redundant parts of the building can be adapted or put to other uses. Mr Sampson, in his previous letter, suggests how this might be done, citing the example of Eastbourne.
Mr Blowers asks where else are other rail stations in the town centre?
You may also want to watch:
Eastbourne station is actually in the town's main shopping street and an easy walk to the beach. Much the same could be said about Blackpool and Skegness but not about some other resorts.
Does 1st East now accept the advantages of Lowestoft's central station, since Mr Kozlowski now writes about "development around the railway station" rather than relocating the station itself?
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 6 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 9 People warned of dangers of eroding cliffs on Suffolk-Norfolk border beach
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
Certainly, if 1st East is serious about attracting visitors to the town, it would use this asset to market it.
East Suffolk Travellers' Association
Clapham Road South