Safety measures outside school
Traffic-calming measures, including a new 20mph speed limit, are being introduced outside Pakefield Primary School in Lowestoft.Two speed tables and a zebra crossing will also feature outside the school, in London Road, much to the delight of headteacher Imant Ladusans.
Traffic-calming measures, including a new 20mph speed limit, are being introduced outside Pakefield Primary School in Lowestoft.
Two speed tables and a zebra crossing will also feature outside the school, in London Road, much to the delight of headteacher Imant Ladusans.
The amount of traffic outside the school has reduced since the opening of the new southern relief road, but drivers have been going faster as a consequence.
Mr Ladusans said: “This is very positive; my hope is that traffic from the main gates will be diverted. Anything to prevent traffic is a good thing.
You may also want to watch:
“They are also putting a crossing outside the school. It is a visual thing to remind people that children are here and they should slow down.”
The Suffolk County Council project was due for completion at the weekend.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle