Saint Felix pupils spread festive cheer at care home with Christmas carol performance
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Saint Felix School brought festive cheer to residents at Broadlands Care Home in Oulton Broad.
During what has become an annual treat for both children and the elderly, and now in its fourth year, Year 6 pupils from the Reydon school performed a range of Christmas carols and festive songs for over an hour before spending time with the residents over refreshments.
The pupils thoroughly enjoyed taking time to talk to the residents, listening to their memories and life stories.
Theo Meldrum, aged 10, said that he found his conversation with resident Roy, who was a wartime evacuee, particularly interesting. 'He told us lots of stories about his time as an evacuee when he was the same age as us, and it made me feel really lucky to be with my family especially at Christmas' said Theo.
Not to be outdone by the choir, Roy also played some festive tunes on his harmonica.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters also presented residents with handmade Christmas cards and festive treats during the visit on December 12.
Tim O'Connell, head of prep, said: 'I was really proud of all the children who took part. They really enjoyed both singing and meeting the residents, and it was lovely for them to be able to share their excitement at Christmas with an older generation. We certainly hope that we will be invited back next year.'
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 6 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 9 Searches continue after police cordon off woodland near Lowestoft beach
- 10 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went