Saint Felix pupils spread festive cheer at care home with Christmas carol performance
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Saint Felix School brought festive cheer to residents at Broadlands Care Home in Oulton Broad.
During what has become an annual treat for both children and the elderly, and now in its fourth year, Year 6 pupils from the Reydon school performed a range of Christmas carols and festive songs for over an hour before spending time with the residents over refreshments.
The pupils thoroughly enjoyed taking time to talk to the residents, listening to their memories and life stories.
Theo Meldrum, aged 10, said that he found his conversation with resident Roy, who was a wartime evacuee, particularly interesting. 'He told us lots of stories about his time as an evacuee when he was the same age as us, and it made me feel really lucky to be with my family especially at Christmas' said Theo.
Not to be outdone by the choir, Roy also played some festive tunes on his harmonica.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters also presented residents with handmade Christmas cards and festive treats during the visit on December 12.
Tim O'Connell, head of prep, said: 'I was really proud of all the children who took part. They really enjoyed both singing and meeting the residents, and it was lovely for them to be able to share their excitement at Christmas with an older generation. We certainly hope that we will be invited back next year.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'