Samurai the squirrel wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This incredible close-up shot of a squirrel tucking into some nuts was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King at Center Parcs in Elvedon.
Ms King, originally from Pakefield, used her Canon Powershot to shoot the picture.
She said: 'The picture was taken on a family holiday to celebrate my mum and dad's 38th wedding anniversary.
'During our stay we had several visitors of the animal kind to our lodge, no more so than Samurai, a squirrel who came into the lodge and would climb up our legs, sit on our laps and generally make himself quite comfortable.
'I took lots of pictures of him, including this rather sneaky one of him taking a monkey nut.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft