Samurai the squirrel wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This incredible close-up shot of a squirrel tucking into some nuts was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King at Center Parcs in Elvedon.
Ms King, originally from Pakefield, used her Canon Powershot to shoot the picture.
She said: 'The picture was taken on a family holiday to celebrate my mum and dad's 38th wedding anniversary.
'During our stay we had several visitors of the animal kind to our lodge, no more so than Samurai, a squirrel who came into the lodge and would climb up our legs, sit on our laps and generally make himself quite comfortable.
'I took lots of pictures of him, including this rather sneaky one of him taking a monkey nut.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street