Samurai the squirrel wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This incredible close-up shot of a squirrel tucking into some nuts was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King at Center Parcs in Elvedon.
Ms King, originally from Pakefield, used her Canon Powershot to shoot the picture.
She said: 'The picture was taken on a family holiday to celebrate my mum and dad's 38th wedding anniversary.
'During our stay we had several visitors of the animal kind to our lodge, no more so than Samurai, a squirrel who came into the lodge and would climb up our legs, sit on our laps and generally make himself quite comfortable.
'I took lots of pictures of him, including this rather sneaky one of him taking a monkey nut.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?