Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- Credit: Archant
Santander customers across Norfolk and Waveney have been affected by technical problems that have hit the bank's mobile app and cashpoints.
The bank, which has branches in Norwich, North Walsham, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft, said it was working to response the outages.
A statement on the bank's website read: "We're sorry that a technical problem is affecting our services, our teams are working hard to fix it.
"You can access cash from other bank's ATMs and at the Post Office."
The bank said they had planned maintenance to its banking app overnight on Friday, but it is unknown whether that was related to today's problems. The bank has 14 million customers across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
They said on Twitter: "Our branch, telephone, online app and card services are down art this time and we are working to resolve these. Please do check our page for updates as to when this is fixed."
UPDATE: Santander said on Saturday at 6pm: “Our key services are recovering and coming back on stream. We continue to work on full recovery by the end of the day. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. No one will be out of pocket and from Monday we will make available via our website and social media channels details of how impacted customers can make a claim.”
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 3 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Ambassador School status joy for 'fantastic' primary
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Photo captures summer solstice sunrise at most easterly point
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 8 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure