Save the Air Festival
'SAVE Our Air Show'.That was the headline in The Journal (May 22).To me that was one of the most important headlines of the year which I am sure the majority of the citizens of this fine town would agree with.
'SAVE Our Air Show'.
That was the headline in The Journal (May 22).
To me that was one of the most important headlines of the year which I am sure the majority of the citizens of this fine town would agree with.
It must be saved at whatever cost, but how?
You may also want to watch:
A �2 voluntary donation would help but I think that would be the tip of the iceberg.
The solution, I think, must go deeper than that. The contributions made by the spectators last year were disappointing but I think that advertising it as a free show did not help.
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 8 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 9 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 10 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
There are over 60 air shows scheduled for Great Britain this year with Southend and Clacton on par with Lowestoft and being in our area. I wonder if they have the same funding problems as we do?
If so would it not be a good idea to form a liaison with them to sort out any difficulties. Maybe that has already been tried; I don't know.
Friends of the Air Show is an excellent way of raising funds and donation buckets on the two days of the show is commendable but there is, I think, another way of raising extra cash and because of the Air Show putting a lot of extra business into local shops donation boxes, if allowed, could be distributed round the town all year, not just for two days.
Every avenue must be tried.