Save the Air Festival
'SAVE Our Air Show'.That was the headline in The Journal (May 22).To me that was one of the most important headlines of the year which I am sure the majority of the citizens of this fine town would agree with.
'SAVE Our Air Show'.
That was the headline in The Journal (May 22).
To me that was one of the most important headlines of the year which I am sure the majority of the citizens of this fine town would agree with.
It must be saved at whatever cost, but how?
A �2 voluntary donation would help but I think that would be the tip of the iceberg.
The solution, I think, must go deeper than that. The contributions made by the spectators last year were disappointing but I think that advertising it as a free show did not help.
- 1 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 2 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 3 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 4 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 5 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 6 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 9 High drama and wise words as First Light Festival returns
- 10 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
There are over 60 air shows scheduled for Great Britain this year with Southend and Clacton on par with Lowestoft and being in our area. I wonder if they have the same funding problems as we do?
If so would it not be a good idea to form a liaison with them to sort out any difficulties. Maybe that has already been tried; I don't know.
Friends of the Air Show is an excellent way of raising funds and donation buckets on the two days of the show is commendable but there is, I think, another way of raising extra cash and because of the Air Show putting a lot of extra business into local shops donation boxes, if allowed, could be distributed round the town all year, not just for two days.
Every avenue must be tried.