Save the Air Festival
'SAVE Our Air Show'.That was the headline in The Journal (May 22).To me that was one of the most important headlines of the year which I am sure the majority of the citizens of this fine town would agree with.
'SAVE Our Air Show'.
That was the headline in The Journal (May 22).
To me that was one of the most important headlines of the year which I am sure the majority of the citizens of this fine town would agree with.
It must be saved at whatever cost, but how?
You may also want to watch:
A �2 voluntary donation would help but I think that would be the tip of the iceberg.
The solution, I think, must go deeper than that. The contributions made by the spectators last year were disappointing but I think that advertising it as a free show did not help.
- 1 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 2 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
There are over 60 air shows scheduled for Great Britain this year with Southend and Clacton on par with Lowestoft and being in our area. I wonder if they have the same funding problems as we do?
If so would it not be a good idea to form a liaison with them to sort out any difficulties. Maybe that has already been tried; I don't know.
Friends of the Air Show is an excellent way of raising funds and donation buckets on the two days of the show is commendable but there is, I think, another way of raising extra cash and because of the Air Show putting a lot of extra business into local shops donation boxes, if allowed, could be distributed round the town all year, not just for two days.
Every avenue must be tried.