Scene near Ness Point in Lowestoft is weekly competition winner
- Credit: Archant
STUNNING SCENE: This perfectly framed image, taken close to Ness Point, could be expected of a photographer with a significant experience.
But remarkably, it was taken by 12-year-old Samantha Penman, of Oulton Broad.
The image of the sun shining down on her family members, as they took a stroll along the sea wall, captured Samantha's imagination and made for a spectacular picture.
It was taken a few weeks ago, when some of her cousins were down visiting the area, just before lunchtime – where the sun is at its highest point.
Samantha said: 'I am really pleased to have won for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
'I was walking along with all of my family in front of me and I just thought the scene looked quite nice.'
Samantha, who is home educated by her mother, took the picture on her Canon camera.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
'I quite like photography and I also like to take images of bugs and wildlife,' she added.
'I really liked the silhouettes and the sunlight in the picture as well.'
As our winner, Samantha receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images, taken by amateur photographers.
To enter the contest, email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and a mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Picture of the Week in the subject box.