Scene of Carlton Marshes is our weekly picture contest winner
- Credit: Archant
SERENE SCENE: We all enjoy a muddy walk in the countryside every so often.
And for an amateur photographer, from Carlton Colville, this shot of Carlton Marshes – taken on a walk with her five-year-old son – has landed her a debut win in our competition.
Beth Stephens, 32, of Carlton Colville described how she was enjoying a walk with her son earlier in the month, when she caught sight of this amazing scene.
Taking the image on her mobile phone, Miss Stephens decided to enter our competition for the first time.
'I was having a lovely muddy walk together with my son and I just saw the trees and thought it was a beautiful scene,' Miss Stephens said.
You may also want to watch:
'The trees were so striking and I thought the picture really caught the mood down there.
'I applied a black and white effect onto the image and thought it looked fabulous.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
As our winner, Miss Stephens receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images submitted by amateur photographers.
Email your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org