Scene of Carlton Marshes is our weekly picture contest winner
- Credit: Archant
SERENE SCENE: We all enjoy a muddy walk in the countryside every so often.
And for an amateur photographer, from Carlton Colville, this shot of Carlton Marshes – taken on a walk with her five-year-old son – has landed her a debut win in our competition.
Beth Stephens, 32, of Carlton Colville described how she was enjoying a walk with her son earlier in the month, when she caught sight of this amazing scene.
Taking the image on her mobile phone, Miss Stephens decided to enter our competition for the first time.
'I was having a lovely muddy walk together with my son and I just saw the trees and thought it was a beautiful scene,' Miss Stephens said.
You may also want to watch:
'The trees were so striking and I thought the picture really caught the mood down there.
'I applied a black and white effect onto the image and thought it looked fabulous.'
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
As our winner, Miss Stephens receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images submitted by amateur photographers.
Email your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number to: email@example.com