Scheme for affordable homes
DOZENS of affordable homes could be built on a patch of land in north Lowestoft.Flagship Housing, which owns and provides affordable housing across East Anglia, is proposing to build 39 homes off Woods Loke East.
DOZENS of affordable homes could be built on a patch of land in north Lowestoft.
Flagship Housing, which owns and provides affordable housing across East Anglia, is proposing to build 39 homes off Woods Loke East.
If approved, the development would include a mix of one and two-bedroom flats and one, two, three and four bedroom houses.
A similar application for the site was put forward in July last year, but it was withdrawn before a decision was made. The proposals raised more than 80 objections from people living nearby, including concerns about increased flood risk and access.
You may also want to watch:
In 2002, plans by Badger Building for 25 homes on the same piece of land were turned down.
Waveney District Council is expected to make a decision on the plans later in the spring.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 4 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 5 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son