Scheme for affordable homes
DOZENS of affordable homes could be built on a patch of land in north Lowestoft.Flagship Housing, which owns and provides affordable housing across East Anglia, is proposing to build 39 homes off Woods Loke East.
DOZENS of affordable homes could be built on a patch of land in north Lowestoft.
Flagship Housing, which owns and provides affordable housing across East Anglia, is proposing to build 39 homes off Woods Loke East.
If approved, the development would include a mix of one and two-bedroom flats and one, two, three and four bedroom houses.
A similar application for the site was put forward in July last year, but it was withdrawn before a decision was made. The proposals raised more than 80 objections from people living nearby, including concerns about increased flood risk and access.
You may also want to watch:
In 2002, plans by Badger Building for 25 homes on the same piece of land were turned down.
Waveney District Council is expected to make a decision on the plans later in the spring.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced