Scheme for affordable homes
DOZENS of affordable homes could be built on a patch of land in north Lowestoft.Flagship Housing, which owns and provides affordable housing across East Anglia, is proposing to build 39 homes off Woods Loke East.
DOZENS of affordable homes could be built on a patch of land in north Lowestoft.
Flagship Housing, which owns and provides affordable housing across East Anglia, is proposing to build 39 homes off Woods Loke East.
If approved, the development would include a mix of one and two-bedroom flats and one, two, three and four bedroom houses.
A similar application for the site was put forward in July last year, but it was withdrawn before a decision was made. The proposals raised more than 80 objections from people living nearby, including concerns about increased flood risk and access.
You may also want to watch:
In 2002, plans by Badger Building for 25 homes on the same piece of land were turned down.
Waveney District Council is expected to make a decision on the plans later in the spring.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 6 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 9 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft