School strikes gold with sporting honour
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in the Lowestoft area is celebrating after achieving gold.
Corton Primary School was awarded the gold award from 'Your School Games' – an honour that highlights their dedication, commitment and hard work in sports.
The School Games Authority award this honour as part of a scheme, which encourages more youngsters to get active and join in with sports at school.
A spokesman for the school in The Street said: 'The staff and children have all worked very hard. To achieve the gold award we needed to ensure we met a set criteria each term. These criteria involved us providing additional sporting activities, competing in tournaments against other schools and promoting sports leaders to organise sporting events in school.
'We have also developed many links with sports clubs who come into offer a variety of different sports.'
You may also want to watch:
Three other schools also achieved the gold award in the Waveney area.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight