Scout group appeals for votes in competition for £4,000
- Credit: Archant
A Scout group in Beccles is appealing for votes which could see them receive up to £4,000 in grants from Tesco.
Three community groups, including the 5th Beccles Scout Group, in every Tesco region have been shortlisted to receive a grant of £4,000, £2,000 or £1,000 with shoppers invited to vote for who they believe should receive the cash in store.
The Bags for Help project has delivered more than £43m to more than 10,000 projects across the country, with the Beccles' scout troop hoping to be part of this year's successes.
A spokesman said: ' Being a charity organisation we are constantly trying to raise funds for resources and activities.
'Currently we are working towards replacing our camping equipment. Many of our tents are now around 30 years old and, as you can appreciate, are no longer fit for purpose.
You may also want to watch:
'Camping is a fundamental part of the Scouting programme, giving young people the experience and independence of being away from home, caring for themselves (with adult supervision) and the great outdoors.
Voting will be open in all Tesco stores throughout May and June, with customers voting via a token given to them at the check-out.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted