Scout group appeals for votes in competition for £4,000
- Credit: Archant
A Scout group in Beccles is appealing for votes which could see them receive up to £4,000 in grants from Tesco.
Three community groups, including the 5th Beccles Scout Group, in every Tesco region have been shortlisted to receive a grant of £4,000, £2,000 or £1,000 with shoppers invited to vote for who they believe should receive the cash in store.
The Bags for Help project has delivered more than £43m to more than 10,000 projects across the country, with the Beccles' scout troop hoping to be part of this year's successes.
A spokesman said: ' Being a charity organisation we are constantly trying to raise funds for resources and activities.
'Currently we are working towards replacing our camping equipment. Many of our tents are now around 30 years old and, as you can appreciate, are no longer fit for purpose.
You may also want to watch:
'Camping is a fundamental part of the Scouting programme, giving young people the experience and independence of being away from home, caring for themselves (with adult supervision) and the great outdoors.
Voting will be open in all Tesco stores throughout May and June, with customers voting via a token given to them at the check-out.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014