Scouts are on target in event
- Credit: Archant
Scouts from all over the Lowestoft district showed that their aim was good when they took part in an annual contest.
The Lowestoft and District Scouts annual shooting and archery competitions took centre stage – and some top shots prevailed.
In good weather, seven teams of three scouts had the targets in their sights at the air rifle event. After some closely-fought competition, it was the 14th Lowestoft A team which eventually took the glory – with Jonathan Chilly, from the same group, achieving the highest score.
Bows and arrows were the alternative weapon of choice for the eight teams that took part in the archery competition.
Shooting at targets from distances of 10m and 20m, the four scouts from the 4th Lowestoft B team came out on top. Sam Walpole, also of 4th Lowestoft, achieved the highest score and Pete Whittaker won the scout leaders shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
? Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email email@example.com
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft