Scouts are on target in event
- Credit: Archant
Scouts from all over the Lowestoft district showed that their aim was good when they took part in an annual contest.
The Lowestoft and District Scouts annual shooting and archery competitions took centre stage – and some top shots prevailed.
In good weather, seven teams of three scouts had the targets in their sights at the air rifle event. After some closely-fought competition, it was the 14th Lowestoft A team which eventually took the glory – with Jonathan Chilly, from the same group, achieving the highest score.
Bows and arrows were the alternative weapon of choice for the eight teams that took part in the archery competition.
Shooting at targets from distances of 10m and 20m, the four scouts from the 4th Lowestoft B team came out on top. Sam Walpole, also of 4th Lowestoft, achieved the highest score and Pete Whittaker won the scout leaders shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
? Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email email@example.com
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary