Scouts are on target in event
- Credit: Archant
Scouts from all over the Lowestoft district showed that their aim was good when they took part in an annual contest.
The Lowestoft and District Scouts annual shooting and archery competitions took centre stage – and some top shots prevailed.
In good weather, seven teams of three scouts had the targets in their sights at the air rifle event. After some closely-fought competition, it was the 14th Lowestoft A team which eventually took the glory – with Jonathan Chilly, from the same group, achieving the highest score.
Bows and arrows were the alternative weapon of choice for the eight teams that took part in the archery competition.
Shooting at targets from distances of 10m and 20m, the four scouts from the 4th Lowestoft B team came out on top. Sam Walpole, also of 4th Lowestoft, achieved the highest score and Pete Whittaker won the scout leaders shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
? Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email email@example.com
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft