Scrooge thieves strike across Lowestoft
CALLOUS festive thieves and heartless vandals have tarnished the Christmas spirit with a spate of incidents reported across Lowestoft.Police investigations were continuing this week as officers link two thefts in Blundeston, while two other festive incidents happened in Lowestoft.
CALLOUS festive thieves and heartless vandals have tarnished the Christmas spirit with a spate of incidents reported across Lowestoft.
Police investigations were continuing this week as officers link two thefts in Blundeston, while two other festive incidents happened in Lowestoft.
Four 18-inch tall artificial trees with white flashing lights were stolen from the front garden of a home in Pickwick Drive, Blundeston between 9.20pm on Sunday, December 6 and 8.45am on Monday, December 7.
The trees were later found smashed into pieces along Lowestoft Road in Blundeston.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'It's possible this incident may be linked to the theft of several Christmas tree lights from Blundeston Road, Blundeston.'
Several lights - one in the shape of a tree, another in the shape of a half moon and star, and a third in the shape of a reindeer and sleigh - were stolen between 9am and 2.50pm on Tuesday, December 8.
- 1 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 5 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 8 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 9 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 10 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
Christmas tree lights have also been stolen from a front garden in Rumburgh Road, Lowestoft. Thieves stole a 5ft Christmas tree with lights attached between 10pm and 10.10pm on Friday, December 4.
And callous vandals also caused damage in Shaw Avenue, Lowestoft as Christmas decorations were targeted. Electrical steel frame-worked polar bear decorations were damaged between 1.30am and 5.30am on Sunday, December 6.
'There are ongoing enquiries into these incidents and anyone with information should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300,' the police spokesman said.