Search for pair who tried to rob dog walker in Lowestoft
POLICE are hunting two men who attempted to rob a 32-year-old man as he walked his dogs on a footpath at Barnards Way in Lowestoft.
The victim was walking along the path at the back of the Peto Way sorting office at about 10pm on Wednesday when he received a text and got his phone out to look at it. He then became aware of two youths running towards him, one of whom demanded that he hand over his phone and wallet.
One of the offenders tried to assault him but he defended himself and managed to get away. It is possible one of the dogs may have bitten the leg of the other youth so both may have sustained some sort of injury.
Both suspects were white, in their late teens to early 20s, and about 5ft 6ins tall. One was of big build and wore a dark hooded top, dark jogging bottoms and blue trainers, and appeared to have an old scar below one eye.
The other was of skinny build and also wore a dark hooded top and jogging bottoms.
You may also want to watch:
• A 64-year-old woman was robbed of her handbag on a path next to Barnards Meadow. The woman and her young granddaughter were walking along the path at about 1.10pm on Monday after visiting Normanston Park when she felt a tug on her arm as they neared an alleyway leading to Fieldview Avenue.
She looked round and saw a youth stood by her granddaughter. A second youth then grabbed her black leather bag, containing cash and cards, the pair snatched it from her and ran off. She suffered slight pain to her arm.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
The robbers were both aged in their in their mid teens to early 20s with short, shaved brown hair. The first was 5ft 6ins tall and of small build, and the other was 5ft 2ins tall, of smaller build and wearing a light grey fleece top.
?If you can help, call Det Con 703 Quantrill on 101.