Search is on for air show sponsors
MORE than 400 glossy brochures have been produced by the team behind the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival in a drive to woo new sponsors.The search is on for a new main sponsor, as well as many other supporters, large or small, to contribute towards the 2009 show on Thursday and Friday, July 23 and 24.
MORE than 400 glossy brochures have been produced by the team behind the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival in a drive to woo new sponsors.
The search is on for a new main sponsor, as well as many other supporters, large or small, to contribute towards the 2009 show on Thursday and Friday, July 23 and 24.
Community action group Lowestoft Together supported the show with a �30,000 contribution last year, follow-ing 10 years of backing by Birds Eye.
The brochure highlights the benefits available to local and national companies that support East Anglia's best-attended event, which picked up the Best Event or Festival at last year's Suffolk Tourism Awards.
You may also want to watch:
This summer's show will be the 13th annual extravaganza. It is now recognised as one of the top air festivals in the UK and Europe, having last year broken all previous records, with an estimated attendance of 440,000 people over two days.
As usual, four hours of spectacular flying displays are expected on both days and a host of ground attractions, but sponsorship is vital to raise the �300,000 needed to put on the show.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
A hoped-for feature at this year's air festival would be a new means for companies to get their messages over to showgoers. Subject to getting enough support, the idea is to have two giant LED display screens on the seafront that can broadcast live announcements about flying displays, attractions and entertainment.
For more details telephone sponsor-ship and operations manager Keith Moughton on 01502 523398, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.lowestoftairfestival.co.uk