Search is on for air show sponsors
MORE than 400 glossy brochures have been produced by the team behind the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival in a drive to woo new sponsors.The search is on for a new main sponsor, as well as many other supporters, large or small, to contribute towards the 2009 show on Thursday and Friday, July 23 and 24.
MORE than 400 glossy brochures have been produced by the team behind the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival in a drive to woo new sponsors.
The search is on for a new main sponsor, as well as many other supporters, large or small, to contribute towards the 2009 show on Thursday and Friday, July 23 and 24.
Community action group Lowestoft Together supported the show with a �30,000 contribution last year, follow-ing 10 years of backing by Birds Eye.
The brochure highlights the benefits available to local and national companies that support East Anglia's best-attended event, which picked up the Best Event or Festival at last year's Suffolk Tourism Awards.
You may also want to watch:
This summer's show will be the 13th annual extravaganza. It is now recognised as one of the top air festivals in the UK and Europe, having last year broken all previous records, with an estimated attendance of 440,000 people over two days.
As usual, four hours of spectacular flying displays are expected on both days and a host of ground attractions, but sponsorship is vital to raise the �300,000 needed to put on the show.
- 1 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 2 Norfolk hospital records first Covid-related death in five days
- 3 'Raring to go': Town's businesses ready for end of lockdown
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 5 Missing pregnant woman found 'safe and well'
- 6 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 7 Bridge closure 'postponed' until New Year
- 8 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 9 Wanted man from Lowestoft arrested in London
- 10 Transport museum to light up for families this Christmas
A hoped-for feature at this year's air festival would be a new means for companies to get their messages over to showgoers. Subject to getting enough support, the idea is to have two giant LED display screens on the seafront that can broadcast live announcements about flying displays, attractions and entertainment.
For more details telephone sponsor-ship and operations manager Keith Moughton on 01502 523398, email: email@example.com; or visit www.lowestoftairfestival.co.uk