Search is on for top tourism sites
THE 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards, supported by the Lowestoft Journal and the Beccles and Bungay Journal, is being launched next week.The Sunrise Coast welcomes over four million visitors to the area each year.
THE 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards, supported by the Lowestoft Journal and the Beccles and Bungay Journal, is being launched next week.
The Sunrise Coast welcomes over four million visitors to the area each year. Our destination has much to be proud of including it towns, beaches, communities and National Park.
Tourism is worth over �235m to the local economy and supports over 11pc of jobs to the area. Much of the industry's success can be accredited to the wonderful facilities we have surrounding are area, from country hotels, stately homes, wildlife parks, traditional accommodation, theatres and theme parks.
The two newspapers are again teaming up with the Waveney Tourism forum to recognise and praise the efforts of our tourism industry in the 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Previous years winners included Africa Alive! Britten House, Ivy House Country Hotel and Broadland Holiday Village.
Darren Newman, Waveney Districts Council's service manager for tourism and events, said: 'Each year we see attractions and accommodation providers develop their products to benefit customers and improve the visitor experience.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 9 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations
'The tourism awards recognise the achievements by the industry in promoting the district as a popular tourist destination.'
A special form will be printed in next week's Journal to give people the chance to nominate a business for the tourism awards.
Closing date for nominations is October 24.