Search is on for top tourism sites
THE 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards, supported by the Lowestoft Journal and the Beccles and Bungay Journal, is being launched next week.The Sunrise Coast welcomes over four million visitors to the area each year.
THE 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards, supported by the Lowestoft Journal and the Beccles and Bungay Journal, is being launched next week.
The Sunrise Coast welcomes over four million visitors to the area each year. Our destination has much to be proud of including it towns, beaches, communities and National Park.
Tourism is worth over �235m to the local economy and supports over 11pc of jobs to the area. Much of the industry's success can be accredited to the wonderful facilities we have surrounding are area, from country hotels, stately homes, wildlife parks, traditional accommodation, theatres and theme parks.
The two newspapers are again teaming up with the Waveney Tourism forum to recognise and praise the efforts of our tourism industry in the 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Previous years winners included Africa Alive! Britten House, Ivy House Country Hotel and Broadland Holiday Village.
Darren Newman, Waveney Districts Council's service manager for tourism and events, said: 'Each year we see attractions and accommodation providers develop their products to benefit customers and improve the visitor experience.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
'The tourism awards recognise the achievements by the industry in promoting the district as a popular tourist destination.'
A special form will be printed in next week's Journal to give people the chance to nominate a business for the tourism awards.
Closing date for nominations is October 24.