Second fund-raising event to be held in memory of Lowestoft teenager Ellie Savage
TICKETS are still on sale for the second charity event of the year, organised by the friends and family of a popular Lowestoft teenager.
People are being invited to the 80s event with a special party evening on Saturday February 18, as the second fund-raiser in '12 months of constant fund-raising' is held to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Ellie Savage.
Fourteen-year-old Ellie died from a brain tumour in November 2002. And now her sisters Cassie and Natalie Savage have teamed up with six former schoolfriends - Abi Harrod, Anna Banks, Gemma Roberts, Casey Wicks, Laura Smith and Robyn Harper - to raise monies and awareness of the Ellie Savage Memorial Trust, which was set up in February 2003 to help families living in East Anglia who have a child with cancer or a brain tumour by providing financial support.
Leotards and leg warmers will be donned for the 80s night at the Winelodge in Oulton Broad on Saturday, from 8pm to 2am.
'Fancy dress is optional, but all the girls will be dressing up for it,' Cassie said. 'Tickets are �5, so please come along have fun and raise money for Ellie's Trust.'
You may also want to watch:
Other fund-raising events are also in the pipeline, including bag-packing events at local supermarkets during March - as part of Brain Tumour Awareness Month - and a trust team will also be taking part in the Bungay fun run and half marathon in April.
'We raised �512 from the first event (a pub quiz in Pakefield last month), which is much more than what we thought we get - it was brilliant,' Natalie said.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
• Tickets are still on sale and are available from Winelodge, Beauty Matters, Irene's House of Flowers and Caf� Studios.
• Visit the Ellie Savage Memorial Trust group on Facebook or log on to www.elliestrust.org/trust.asp