Second fund-raising event to be held in memory of Lowestoft teenager Ellie Savage
TICKETS are still on sale for the second charity event of the year, organised by the friends and family of a popular Lowestoft teenager.
People are being invited to the 80s event with a special party evening on Saturday February 18, as the second fund-raiser in '12 months of constant fund-raising' is held to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Ellie Savage.
Fourteen-year-old Ellie died from a brain tumour in November 2002. And now her sisters Cassie and Natalie Savage have teamed up with six former schoolfriends - Abi Harrod, Anna Banks, Gemma Roberts, Casey Wicks, Laura Smith and Robyn Harper - to raise monies and awareness of the Ellie Savage Memorial Trust, which was set up in February 2003 to help families living in East Anglia who have a child with cancer or a brain tumour by providing financial support.
Leotards and leg warmers will be donned for the 80s night at the Winelodge in Oulton Broad on Saturday, from 8pm to 2am.
'Fancy dress is optional, but all the girls will be dressing up for it,' Cassie said. 'Tickets are �5, so please come along have fun and raise money for Ellie's Trust.'
You may also want to watch:
Other fund-raising events are also in the pipeline, including bag-packing events at local supermarkets during March - as part of Brain Tumour Awareness Month - and a trust team will also be taking part in the Bungay fun run and half marathon in April.
'We raised �512 from the first event (a pub quiz in Pakefield last month), which is much more than what we thought we get - it was brilliant,' Natalie said.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
• Tickets are still on sale and are available from Winelodge, Beauty Matters, Irene's House of Flowers and Caf� Studios.
• Visit the Ellie Savage Memorial Trust group on Facebook or log on to www.elliestrust.org/trust.asp