Second-hand Porsche is a steal
Chris BishopDodgy motor..? This one's a steal - almost literally. Police are putting a Porsche up for auction after seizing it from a crook. The silver Boxster with 25,000 miles on the clock, expected to fetch up to �8,000, was officially awarded to the Norfolk force by Kings Lynn magistrates.Chris Bishop
Dodgy motor..? This one's a steal - almost literally.
Police are putting a Porsche up for auction after seizing it from a crook. The silver Boxster with 25,000 miles on the clock, expected to fetch up to �8,000, was officially awarded to the Norfolk force by Kings Lynn magistrates.
Seized in 2008, after its driver was stopped for driving whilst disaqualified, the 10-year-old car was later found to be bearing false plates, and to have been illegally imported into the country.
Now it has been registered to Norfolk Constabulary and will be sold with full V5, MOT and tax disc. It has also been fitted with several new parts, including new tyres and brakes. Proceeds from the auction will go to charitable causes.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Supt Julian Blazeby said: 'The public auction of a Porsche Boxster, seized by Norfolk Constabulary from a criminal sends out a very clear message to those seeking to profit from crime.
'We will track down assets, including cars and where appropriate seek court orders to ensure criminals don't gain from their activity.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
'We are now auctioning the Porsche for the public to bid for, with the money raised going to charitable causes. This sends out a very positive message to our local communities.'
The Porsche is being sold by Clowes and Nash Auctions Ltd on Wednesday, September 23 (10am) at Swardeston Village Hall.