See the entrants for this year’s Lowestoft Journal Pets on Parade competition - and help us crown the winners!
- Credit: Picture Studios
Scores of cute cats and dapper dogs have been entered into The Journal's 2017 Pets on Parade contest.
And we also have some other adorable animals vying for the top prizes too.
A total of 50 pets have been entered with 32 dogs, 11 cats and seven other pets that are in the running this year.
All of their owners will be hoping to emulate our 2016 Pets on Parade champions – top cat Teddy, top dog Chip and top pet – Sonic the hedgehog.
And now we are asking you, our readers, to nominate your favourites.
You may also want to watch:
The competition, which is being run in conjunction with Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft, gives readers the chance to vote for their favourites.
There are no prizes awarded to those of you who send in your votes, but there are some great prizes on offer to the owners of the picture perfect pets who receive the most votes, and the runners-up too.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for any pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes on offer for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each category.
The owners of the winning pets will receive a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait – worth £190 – of their dog, cat or other pet, courtesy of Picture Studios.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in portraits from Picture Studios, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits – worth £46 – going to those in third place.
By voting in the competition you will be helping us to choose the most attractive animals in our circulation area – and no doubt putting a big smile on the faces of their proud owners.
Once the votes have been counted, the winning owners will be contacted to arrange for a presentation of the prizes.
To cast your vote, simply fill in the entry coupon printed in today's Lowestoft Journal and send it to us to arrive by noon on Friday, March 3.
You can vote as many times as you wish – but photocopies will not be accepted.