See what support is available
A MARKET with information about support services on offer in Waveney is taking place in Beccles.Waveney District Council's 'information market' will bring a wide range of local support agencies under one roof to offer advice and answer your questions.
A MARKET with information about support services on offer in Waveney is taking place in Beccles.
Waveney District Council's 'information market' will bring a wide range of local support agencies under one roof to offer advice and answer your questions.
The event follows a successful event in Lowestoft recently, and is being held on Thursday at St Luke's Church Hall in Rigbourne Hill, Beccles, and runs from 6pm until 8pm.
Present at the event will be representatives from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Dial (Disability Information and Advice Line), Lowestoft International Support Group, Jobcentre Plus, the Alzheimer's Society, St John's Housing Trust and Age Concern and the Credit Union (providing an alternative to backstreet borrowing).
You may also want to watch:
They will be joined by Waveney District Council's council tax, home alarm, sheltered housing, housing, and council tax benefit services.
Councillor Sue Allen, portfolio holder for housing, said: 'Following the first information market event, held in Lowestoft at the end of last year, we were keen to take this format to the rest of the district.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
'This is a great opportunity for the people of Waveney to find out the true extent of local support available. We have gathered a wide range of services in one place, so if you are in need of help and don't know where to turn, then do come along and find out more.'
If you are unable to attend, but require information from one of the organisations mentioned above, please contact Waveney District Council's customer service centre on 01502 562 111 or visit www.waveney.gov.uk. Further events will be held in other areas of the district during the year.