See what support is available
A MARKET with information about support services on offer in Waveney is taking place in Beccles.Waveney District Council's 'information market' will bring a wide range of local support agencies under one roof to offer advice and answer your questions.
A MARKET with information about support services on offer in Waveney is taking place in Beccles.
Waveney District Council's 'information market' will bring a wide range of local support agencies under one roof to offer advice and answer your questions.
The event follows a successful event in Lowestoft recently, and is being held on Thursday at St Luke's Church Hall in Rigbourne Hill, Beccles, and runs from 6pm until 8pm.
Present at the event will be representatives from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Dial (Disability Information and Advice Line), Lowestoft International Support Group, Jobcentre Plus, the Alzheimer's Society, St John's Housing Trust and Age Concern and the Credit Union (providing an alternative to backstreet borrowing).
They will be joined by Waveney District Council's council tax, home alarm, sheltered housing, housing, and council tax benefit services.
Councillor Sue Allen, portfolio holder for housing, said: 'Following the first information market event, held in Lowestoft at the end of last year, we were keen to take this format to the rest of the district.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' - Warning issued after cliff fall
- 2 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 5 Three-bed flat on Lowestoft beach with sea views on sale for £400k
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Southwold woman saved cyclist's life after crashing into river
- 8 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 9 Comedian Andy Parsons to perform at two coastal towns in the same night
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
'This is a great opportunity for the people of Waveney to find out the true extent of local support available. We have gathered a wide range of services in one place, so if you are in need of help and don't know where to turn, then do come along and find out more.'
If you are unable to attend, but require information from one of the organisations mentioned above, please contact Waveney District Council's customer service centre on 01502 562 111 or visit www.waveney.gov.uk. Further events will be held in other areas of the district during the year.