See what support is available
A MARKET with information about support services on offer in Waveney is taking place in Beccles.Waveney District Council's 'information market' will bring a wide range of local support agencies under one roof to offer advice and answer your questions.
A MARKET with information about support services on offer in Waveney is taking place in Beccles.
Waveney District Council's 'information market' will bring a wide range of local support agencies under one roof to offer advice and answer your questions.
The event follows a successful event in Lowestoft recently, and is being held on Thursday at St Luke's Church Hall in Rigbourne Hill, Beccles, and runs from 6pm until 8pm.
Present at the event will be representatives from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Dial (Disability Information and Advice Line), Lowestoft International Support Group, Jobcentre Plus, the Alzheimer's Society, St John's Housing Trust and Age Concern and the Credit Union (providing an alternative to backstreet borrowing).
You may also want to watch:
They will be joined by Waveney District Council's council tax, home alarm, sheltered housing, housing, and council tax benefit services.
Councillor Sue Allen, portfolio holder for housing, said: 'Following the first information market event, held in Lowestoft at the end of last year, we were keen to take this format to the rest of the district.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 4 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 5 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 6 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 7 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 8 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
'This is a great opportunity for the people of Waveney to find out the true extent of local support available. We have gathered a wide range of services in one place, so if you are in need of help and don't know where to turn, then do come along and find out more.'
If you are unable to attend, but require information from one of the organisations mentioned above, please contact Waveney District Council's customer service centre on 01502 562 111 or visit www.waveney.gov.uk. Further events will be held in other areas of the district during the year.