Self Esteem week boosts pupils at Ormiston Denes Academy
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Following a week of self esteem related events, pupils at Ormiston Denes Academy in Lowestoft got the chance to explore their options for the future with a careers fair.
The whole school event on Friday, April 27, saw more than 50 providers of further education, apprenticeships, and employment.
It came at the end of the school's Self Esteem Week which saw a variety of activities including mental health assemblies, live music, yoga, a staff versus students handball game, and a smoothie station.
There was also a Totally Shredded drum and base workout courtesy of Fight Klub, a human library where members of the local community and organisations took part in being human books for pupils to ask any questions to learn about the person.
Other events included skin care and natural makeup demonstrations and a bake sale which raised £73 for the charity MIND.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the school said: 'Thank you so much to the providers we have had giving up their time for the event- Fight Klub Lowestoft & Gt Yarmouth, Amanda Smith Beauty and Holistic Therapist, Access Community Trust, Suffolk Police (PCSO's) One Life Suffolk, MIND and Pathways Care Farm.'
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 6 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 7 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft