ROBERT ELLIS complains, quite rightly in my opinion, about selfish drivers failing to queue like the majority on the road between Asda and the bascule bridge after the middle land flow has changed at 11.
ROBERT ELLIS complains, quite rightly in my opinion, about selfish drivers failing to queue like the majority on the road between Asda and the bascule bridge after the middle land flow has changed at 11.30am (Lowestoft Journal August 8).
He offers one solution that is for the authorities to re-erect the “merge-in-turn” so that no driver has an advantage over another from either lane.
I would like to give another opinion for consideration, which is instant, for I have long given up waiting for council authorities to act in reasonable timescales.
What I am suggesting is for reasonable Lowestoft drivers who abide by the rules not to let anybody into the left-hand lane other than buses, ambulances and the police. There are no excuses for these opportunist drivers barging in from the right-hand lane for the lane(s) are adequately marked soon after coming off the roundabout outside Asda. If they are running late, then let them get used to the idea of allowing extra time in the future.
You may also want to watch:
The whole problem is exacerbated by the too tolerant left-hand drivers allowing the selfish drivers to filter in. It appears that they do not realise how irritating they are being to drivers behind them who abide by the rules. In effect, they are encouraging the selfish drivers to carry on in that way for - we get the behaviour that we tolerate!
I say let these drivers sweat it out in the outside lane so that they get the message that they have no priority than the majority of drivers.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk