Seminar to help those with epilepsy
A SEMINAR designed to help people live with epilepsy is being held in Oulton Broad tomorrow.The event, funded by the Anglia Co-operative, has been organised by Epilepsy Action, the UK's largest member-led epilepsy organisation, and it will aim to cover many aspects of the condition.
A SEMINAR designed to help people live with epilepsy is being held in Oulton Broad tomorrow.
The event, funded by the Anglia Co-operative, has been organised by Epilepsy Action, the UK's largest member-led epilepsy organisation, and it will aim to cover many aspects of the condition.
The programme includes a talk on children and families living with epilepsy by paediatric epilepsy specialist nurse, Helen Paytner, from Gorleston, and a personal account of living with epilepsy by branch officer, Nikki Garrard.
Epilepsy Action's regional service manager for central England, Julie Clark, will be talking about its work in the local area, and there will be a chance to take away information and talk to others who have been through similar experiences.
Details of local branch meetings will also be available.
Ms Clark said: 'This seminar will offer anyone with an interest in epilepsy a chance to learn more about the condition. There will be a chance for people to talk about their own experiences and issues at the end of the seminar.'
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
- 10 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
The seminar takes place at the Ivy House Country Hotel, Ivy Lane, Oulton Broad, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
Seats are limited so to book a place, contact Joanne Baker on 0113-210-8800. Tickets are �6 (�4 concessions) and include tea and coffee. For more information, contact Julie Clark on 01684 833 834 (mobile: 07770 837970), or email email@example.com