Series of blazes across Lowestoft
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft have been kept busy with a spate of blazes in the town.During a ten-hour spell on Monday night and Tuesday morning, crews from Normanshurst station were called out six times to a series of grass verge fires and car blazes across Lowestoft.
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft have been kept busy with a spate of blazes in the town.
During a ten-hour spell on Monday night and Tuesday morning, crews from Normanshurst station were called out six times to a series of grass verge fires and car blazes across Lowestoft.
On Monday evening, one crew from Normanshurst station were called out to two separate grass fires in Carlton Colville. Firefighters were first called out at 6.35pm to 24-square metres of grass that was alight on a verge at the rear of Staplehurst Close. They spent over 20 minutes tackling the blaze, with the scene cleared by 6.58pm.
At 9.16pm, firefighters were called out to tackle another grass fire as 30sq m of undergrowth was ablaze in Hollow Lane, Carlton Colville. The fire was quickly extinguished with the scene cleared by 9.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from Normanshurst were then called to put out a bonfire in Europa Road at 10.33pm on Monday, with the scene cleared by 10.50pm.
At 11.14pm firefighters from Normanshurst were called to a car fire in Lowestoft, and they spent 20 minutes putting out the flames with the scenes cleared at 11.34pm.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
In the early hours of Tuesday morning, firefighters were called to three more car blazes in Lowestoft. At 12.43am two cars had been set alight outside Butley Drive, and a crew from Normanshurst spent 30 minutes using breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the flames with the scene cleared by 1.13am.
And finally, in a busy spell for the Lowestoft firefighters, a crew from Normanshurst were called to put out a car fire in Norton Road at 4am.
The crew used two hose reels to extinguish the flames and the scene was cleared by 4.14am.