Service disruption at Waveney District Council due to maintenance work
THERE will be some disruption to council services this coming Monday (January 14).
Essential maintenance and upgrade work to two buildings means they will have no electrical power from about 5pm.
Because of this, the council will need to shut down its IT systems in readiness for the work and this will take place at 4pm, lasting for up to three hours.
Therefore, this means that Waveney's telephone system will be disrupted while the council's website and payment systems will also be unavailable.
Council customer centres and offices will also be closing to the public from 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Waveney spokesman said: 'We apologise for any inconvenience that this essential work may cause.'
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted