Service disruption at Waveney District Council due to maintenance work
THERE will be some disruption to council services this coming Monday (January 14).
Essential maintenance and upgrade work to two buildings means they will have no electrical power from about 5pm.
Because of this, the council will need to shut down its IT systems in readiness for the work and this will take place at 4pm, lasting for up to three hours.
Therefore, this means that Waveney's telephone system will be disrupted while the council's website and payment systems will also be unavailable.
Council customer centres and offices will also be closing to the public from 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Waveney spokesman said: 'We apologise for any inconvenience that this essential work may cause.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree