Service for diabetes sufferers
A SERVICE for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
A SERVICE for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.
The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
The two sessions, run by a specialist healthcare professional, last three hours and people can find out more about their condition, the sort of food to eat as well as other information that may help their condition such as regular exercise and not smoking.
Desmond, which stands for Diabetic Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly-diagnosed Diabetes, will consist of group sessions of about 10 people.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Renee Kathuria, from Beccles Medical Centre and the clinical lead on Desmond for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'People who have been newly diagnosed will be able to increase their knowledge and find out some really important information about their condition through the sessions.
'People with diabetes can find out more about what happens to them when their sugar levels increase and why they should control this.'
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
The sessions will be run across Great Yarmouth and Waveney in the day, evening and on Saturdays.