Service for diabetes sufferers
A SERVICE for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
A SERVICE for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.
The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
The two sessions, run by a specialist healthcare professional, last three hours and people can find out more about their condition, the sort of food to eat as well as other information that may help their condition such as regular exercise and not smoking.
Desmond, which stands for Diabetic Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly-diagnosed Diabetes, will consist of group sessions of about 10 people.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Renee Kathuria, from Beccles Medical Centre and the clinical lead on Desmond for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'People who have been newly diagnosed will be able to increase their knowledge and find out some really important information about their condition through the sessions.
'People with diabetes can find out more about what happens to them when their sugar levels increase and why they should control this.'
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 3 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 4 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 10 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
The sessions will be run across Great Yarmouth and Waveney in the day, evening and on Saturdays.