Service for diabetes sufferers
A SERVICE for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
A SERVICE for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.
The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
The two sessions, run by a specialist healthcare professional, last three hours and people can find out more about their condition, the sort of food to eat as well as other information that may help their condition such as regular exercise and not smoking.
Desmond, which stands for Diabetic Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly-diagnosed Diabetes, will consist of group sessions of about 10 people.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Renee Kathuria, from Beccles Medical Centre and the clinical lead on Desmond for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'People who have been newly diagnosed will be able to increase their knowledge and find out some really important information about their condition through the sessions.
'People with diabetes can find out more about what happens to them when their sugar levels increase and why they should control this.'
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
The sessions will be run across Great Yarmouth and Waveney in the day, evening and on Saturdays.