Service station robbed at gunpoint
A cashier was threatened with a gun in one of two raids on filling stations in Lowestoft within less than 24 hours.The BP Garage in Mill Road was targeted at about 10pm last Friday night when a man wearing big Aviator-style sunglasses and a hooded coat approached the woman behind the till and demanded money.
A cashier was threatened with a gun in one of two raids on filling stations in Lowestoft within less than 24 hours.
The BP Garage in Mill Road was targeted at about 10pm last Friday night when a man wearing big Aviator-style sunglasses and a hooded coat approached the woman behind the till and demanded money.
An undisclosed sum of cash was handed over and the robber grabbed the notes and stuffed them into a Tesco carrier bag, before walking off towards London Road South.
The suspect is described by police as white, possibly in his 20s, and of stocky build with broad shoulders.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark navy mid-thigh length coat with the hood up and dark jeans.
The second robbery happened at the Kirkley Run Service Station about 9.50pm on Sunday.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
A man wearing a black and white broad striped hat pulled down over his face entered the premises and produced what appeared to be a small handgun.
He then demanded that the woman behind the counter hand over cash, and a sum of money was taken from the till before the robber fled.
The suspect was of medium build and around 5ft 7ins tall.
A Suffolk police spokesman said no-one was hurt in either of the robberies.
Officers are appealing for information on both incidents.
'Detectives would like to speak to anyone who was in either of these areas around these times and are particularly keen to trace a customer - a man - who was in the Kirkley Run Service Station minutes before the incident on Sunday night as he may have information that can help the inquiry,' added the spokesman.
If you can help, contact Lowestoft CID on 01986-835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.