Seventy happy years in the town
A COUPLE who have lived in Lowestoft all their married life are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary today.Bob and Sally Wilson were married on June 6, 1938, at St Margaret's Church, Lowestoft.
A COUPLE who have lived in Lowestoft all their married life are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary today.
Bob and Sally Wilson were married on June 6, 1938, at St Margaret's Church, Lowestoft.
The couple, who now live in Rochester Road, are celebrating their platinum anniversary with family and friends.
Mr Wilson, 93, worked as a seaman when he was younger but at the outbreak of the second world war joined the army and served with the Royal Norfolk Regiment.
You may also want to watch:
Following his return to Lowestoft after the war he worked for many years at Birds Eye until he retired.
Mrs Wilson, 91, also worked in the town including being a supervisor at a lamp factory.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
“We have always been happy together and really enjoy each other's company,” said Mrs Wilson.
“We always think of each other and want to do everything together,” she said.
The couple have always enjoyed travelling and their trips have included journeys to Scotland and even as far as South Africa.
“Friends we met in South Africa still keep in touch and have visited us here in Lowestoft on three occasions,” said Mrs Wilson.
Their home is full of flowers and cards from many well-wishes.
They have one son, one granddaughter, two great grandchildren and one great great grandson.