Shop worker in hospital after being bottled
Police were called to the Aldi store in Larkman Lane, Norwich, this lunchtime following allegations of theft and assault.It is understood a man has been arrested.
A supermarket worker is in hospital after being hit over the head with a wine bottle when he challenged a thief.
The incident happened at the Aldi store in Dereham Road, Norwich, at 12.15pm, and police made an arrest with the help of a member of the public.
It is believed that two men were attempting to steal bottles of wine, and that one of them hit the shop worker, who is believed to be the manager, over the head when he was challenged.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, and to hear from the heroic housewife who helped to snare the robbers, read Wednesday's Evening News.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations