Shop worker in hospital after being bottled
Police were called to the Aldi store in Larkman Lane, Norwich, this lunchtime following allegations of theft and assault.It is understood a man has been arrested.
A supermarket worker is in hospital after being hit over the head with a wine bottle when he challenged a thief.
The incident happened at the Aldi store in Dereham Road, Norwich, at 12.15pm, and police made an arrest with the help of a member of the public.
It is believed that two men were attempting to steal bottles of wine, and that one of them hit the shop worker, who is believed to be the manager, over the head when he was challenged.
For more on this story, and to hear from the heroic housewife who helped to snare the robbers, read Wednesday's Evening News.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 7 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 8 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike