Shop worker in hospital after being bottled
Police were called to the Aldi store in Larkman Lane, Norwich, this lunchtime following allegations of theft and assault.It is understood a man has been arrested.
A supermarket worker is in hospital after being hit over the head with a wine bottle when he challenged a thief.
The incident happened at the Aldi store in Dereham Road, Norwich, at 12.15pm, and police made an arrest with the help of a member of the public.
It is believed that two men were attempting to steal bottles of wine, and that one of them hit the shop worker, who is believed to be the manager, over the head when he was challenged.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, and to hear from the heroic housewife who helped to snare the robbers, read Wednesday's Evening News.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success