Shopkeeper threatened with knife
A shopkeeper was threatened with a knife and hit during an armed robbery at a Lowestoft shop.Three masked robbers, who were armed with a knife, fled with a quantity of cash after targeting the Premier Shop on The Green, off Pinewood Avenue, on Tuesday night.
A shopkeeper was threatened with a knife and hit during an armed robbery at a Lowestoft shop.
Three masked robbers, who were armed with a knife, fled with a quantity of cash after targeting the Premier Shop on The Green, off Pinewood Avenue, on Tuesday night.
A Suffolk police spokesman said that the raiders entered the store at about 9.20pm. Once inside, they threatened the shopkeeper with a knife and hit him before quickly making off with cash from the till.
The shopkeeper was left shaken by the incident but was not hurt.
The male suspects were all described as wearing black trousers and black jackets. Two of the offenders wore gloves and all three wore masks hiding their faces.
The police spokesman said yesterday that CCTV footage taken from cameras located near the shop is currently being examined by officers and that investigations into the incident are continuing.
- 1 BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- 2 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 3 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 4 Police hunt for teenager with knife who threatened man in town centre
- 5 'Like an earthquake' - Life by Lowestoft's Gull Wing construction site
- 6 Go-ahead for new shops and flats at site of former family-run business
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 8 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Enquiries ongoing after man sexually assaulted on Lowestoft beach
She added: 'We are keen for anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone who may have seen anything prior to the incident, or any suspicious activity in the area around the Premier Shop, to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
'If anyone saw anything at all, no matter how insignificant it may seem, we would urge them to get in touch with the police.'
The Premier Shop, which sells a variety of grocery items, is one in a small row of businesses in a residential area in the Whitton area in the south of the town.
No one at the store was available to comment on the incident yesterday.
Tuesday night's robbery was the latest in a serious of similar incidents in the town in recent months. In August last year, the manager of the Tote Sport bookmakers was assaulted as nearly �1,000 was stolen from his shop in Raglan Street.
In October, a female shop assistant was knocked to the floor by robbers wearing motorcycle helmets who targeted Kerry's Mini Market in Stanley Street and in February this year, a male shopkeeper had to be taken to hospital after he was attacked during an armed raid at the Co-Op store in London Road South, Pakefield.
Anyone with information should call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.