Shot of deer family wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful photo of a family of Chinese Water Deer wandering through Carlton Marshes, in Carlton Colville, was taken by 50-year-old Brian Block.
Mr Block, from Mutford, used his Nikon D7200 with a 300mm lens to shoot the picture.
He said: 'I was visiting Carlton Marshes to shoot a family of barn owls when I saw this family group a few hundred yards up the track.
'I managed to find a spot in the verge to lay and await their approach.
'I love the intimacy of this shot caused by the out of focus grass in the foreground. It gives the impression of you spying on a private moment in nature - which is what I was doing.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Block receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 4 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm