Shot of deer family wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful photo of a family of Chinese Water Deer wandering through Carlton Marshes, in Carlton Colville, was taken by 50-year-old Brian Block.
Mr Block, from Mutford, used his Nikon D7200 with a 300mm lens to shoot the picture.
He said: 'I was visiting Carlton Marshes to shoot a family of barn owls when I saw this family group a few hundred yards up the track.
'I managed to find a spot in the verge to lay and await their approach.
'I love the intimacy of this shot caused by the out of focus grass in the foreground. It gives the impression of you spying on a private moment in nature - which is what I was doing.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Block receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?