Shot of deer family wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful photo of a family of Chinese Water Deer wandering through Carlton Marshes, in Carlton Colville, was taken by 50-year-old Brian Block.
Mr Block, from Mutford, used his Nikon D7200 with a 300mm lens to shoot the picture.
He said: 'I was visiting Carlton Marshes to shoot a family of barn owls when I saw this family group a few hundred yards up the track.
'I managed to find a spot in the verge to lay and await their approach.
'I love the intimacy of this shot caused by the out of focus grass in the foreground. It gives the impression of you spying on a private moment in nature - which is what I was doing.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Block receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft